Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easiest, tastiest Chicken and Dumplings you will ever do. not only is the dumpling dough already made for you the presentation with green onions, carrots, celery and food coloring gives the dish a very rich appearance.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 stalk celery (sliced)
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion (sliced)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 (10 ounce) cansof jumbo refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 -12 drops yellow food coloring
- Cover the chicken with water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for an hour, then take out meat to cool.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and yellow food coloring. Flatten each biscuit with your hands and pinch off about 7 or 8 pieces of each biscuit and drop into broth.
- add can of cream of chicken soup, stir well then cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- chop or tear chicken into bite size chunks and add to the pot last. salt and pepper to taste, stir and serve.