Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a local newspaper that was doing an article on cheap foods. It is really good but be careful not to add much, if any salt. The broth reduces alot and concentrates the salt.
- In a small skillet, whisk together the water, and flour until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the broth, heating over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper.
- Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the milk unitl the mixture forms a thick batter.
- Drop the batter on top of the chicken a tablespoonful at a time.
- Cover and cook on low, 15 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
Great chicken & dumplings in short order. Tasty chicken & gravy and the dumplings were fluffy and tender. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.