I found this recipe in a local newspaper that was doing an article on cheap foods. It is really good but be careful not to add much, if any salt. The broth reduces alot and concentrates the salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small skillet, whisk together the water, and flour until smooth.
- 2Slowly stir in the broth, heating over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 3Add chicken, salt, and pepper.
- 4Cover, and reduce heat to low.
- 5Meanwhile, make the dumplings.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in the milk unitl the mixture forms a thick batter.
- 8Drop the batter on top of the chicken a tablespoonful at a time.
- 9Cover and cook on low, 15 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings for 2
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 1074.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: