1/3 Photos of Chicken and Dumplings
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food! Serve this on a cold winters day. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 packet instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 5 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ground black pepper
- 1Bring a pot of water to boil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and boil chicken until cooked (around 30 minutes depending).
- 2Drain, rinse and chop into cubes or good sized chunks.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large pot, stir together the cream of chicken soup, water, boullion and milk.
- 5Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 6Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots.
- 7Sautee until carrots are almost done and onion is soft.
- 8Transfer the chicken mixture and vegetables to the soup pot, and mix well.
- 9Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 10Season with celery seed and black pepper to taste.
- 11To Make Dumplings: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 12In a seperate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 13Pour the liquid into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 14Drop tablespoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into simmering chicken stew (after it has simmered for 1/2 hour).
- 15Cover pot tightly, and bring to a boil.
- 16Simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- 17(I find they come out nice and fluffy if you keep the lid on:-).
- 18Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 1222.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup