Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
7 points per serving
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut in eights,skin removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- heat the oil in a dutch oven, then add the chicken.
- sprinkle with salt and saute till browned, add the onion, carrots and celery.
- saute until the veggies begin to soften and brown slightly, about 6 minutes.
- add the broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- stir in the peas.
- for dumplings, mix bisquick, milk and parsley in a bowl to form a soft dough.
- drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the simmering stew.
- simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- cover and cook until the dumplings have doubled in size and cooked trhrough, about 10 minutes longer.