Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Easy and Delicious
Make and share this Chicken and Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, sliced
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml rosemary (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- water, to cover chicken
- 473.18 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml poultry seasoning
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 14.79 ml dried parsley, minced
- 158.51 ml milk
- In large Dutch oven or kettle, combine chicken, celery, onion, carrots, parsley, poultry season, rosemary, salt, pepper; cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn down temperature and cook on low until chicken and vegetables are tender. (approximately 1 hour) Remove chicken breasts, cool, and cut up in bite size pieces and return to vegetable broth mixture in kettle.
- For dumplings, combine bisquick mix, thyme, nutmeg, poultry seasoning, parsley; stir in milk just until moistened.
- I usually double the dumpling recipe because we like lots of dumplings and a thicker gravy.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the boiling broth. Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.