Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy and Delicious
Make and share this Chicken and Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- water, to cover chicken
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, minced
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- In large Dutch oven or kettle, combine chicken, celery, onion, carrots, parsley, poultry season, rosemary, salt, pepper; cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn down temperature and cook on low until chicken and vegetables are tender. (approximately 1 hour) Remove chicken breasts, cool, and cut up in bite size pieces and return to vegetable broth mixture in kettle.
- For dumplings, combine bisquick mix, thyme, nutmeg, poultry seasoning, parsley; stir in milk just until moistened.
- I usually double the dumpling recipe because we like lots of dumplings and a thicker gravy.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the boiling broth. Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes longer.