Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Comfort food. A southern staple.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Boil chicken with onion, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- After the chicken is done, remove it from the broth, let cool, pick the meat from the bones and put the meat back into the broth.
- Mix biscuit mix according to package directions.
- Drop by large spoonfuls into boiling broth.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 20 minutes.
I make this frequently in the winter...my husband loves it. Great, soothing, warming comfort food.
This is one of my father's favorites and I made it for him, only I used prepared biscuits instead of Bisquick. It turned out GREAT!
This was very good and easy to make! I added a package of frozen peas in the last five minutes of cooking time. My only suggestion would be change the recipe to include information about how much water to use. I used enough to cover the chicken pieces by an inch, and it worked perfectly, but I did wonder if I was using the right amount.