Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Cold weather comfort food. Easy to make and even better re-heated the next day.
Make and share this Chicken and Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Put chicken, carrots, celery, onion and seasonings into chicken broth and boil.
- Remove chicken from broth and set aside. Discard bay leaves.
- Add 3 cups of milk and butter to to broth and bring to almost boil.
- Mix flour with enough water for thin solution and add to broth. Stir well.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minute to thicken.
- Stir baking mix and 2/3 cups of milk into a soft dough. Drop 8 spoonfuls directly into liquid. When the dumplings begin to sink return chicken mixture to pot.
- Carefully stir and drop 8 more spoonfuls of dumpling mix on top. Cook uncovered 10 minutes over low heat. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.