Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my version of chicken and dumplings, I hate having to stew a chicken all day and pick off the meat to make it so I use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Really easy and very good.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canrefrigerator biscuits, I like buttermilk
- Bring the broth and 3 cans of water to a simmer. Add the chicken and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Drop pieces of the biscuit dough into the pot and continue simmering for 5 to 10 more minutes.