Recipe by GayleM
Wonderful comfort food for a cold day.
Top Review by StaceyB
I made this recently when it was cold and wet outside. I made only a few changes. One being I added one small minced onion to the soup mixture before the biscuits were added in. The other change was I made biscuit batter from Bisquick biscuit mix and dropped that in by the teaspoon. I omitted the flour. I had to add extra water because it thickend up so much. It turned out so well and the left overs the next day were even better.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (approx)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cans biscuits
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken, salt& poultry in approximately 2 quarts of water.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 3 cups milk (more for a richer flavor), bouillon cubes, and butter to broth.
- Bring to almost a boil.
- Add water to the flour to make a thin solution and pour in broth.
- Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch each biscuit to small pieces and put in broth.
- Stir often so dumplings won't stick together.
- When dumplings begin to sink, they are almost ready.
- Pick chicken to small pieces and add to broth.
- When dumplings are not gummy to taste, it is ready to eat.