Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful comfort food for a cold day.
Make and share this Chicken And Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (approx)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cans biscuits
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Boil chicken, salt& poultry in approximately 2 quarts of water.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 3 cups milk (more for a richer flavor), bouillon cubes, and butter to broth.
- Bring to almost a boil.
- Add water to the flour to make a thin solution and pour in broth.
- Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch each biscuit to small pieces and put in broth.
- Stir often so dumplings won't stick together.
- When dumplings begin to sink, they are almost ready.
- Pick chicken to small pieces and add to broth.
- When dumplings are not gummy to taste, it is ready to eat.
I made this recently when it was cold and wet outside. I made only a few changes. One being I added one small minced onion to the soup mixture before the biscuits were added in. The other change was I made biscuit batter from Bisquick biscuit mix and dropped that in by the teaspoon. I omitted the flour. I had to add extra water because it thickend up so much. It turned out so well and the left overs the next day were even better.
THANK YOU for posting this. I made it and ate most of all by myself;) I love it! I did pour 1/2 the broth off and froze it for later. I figure I could add noodles and/or veggies for soup or add more chicken and biscuits for another meal. I did cube up 3 med. potatoes and added it in the first few steps for a hardier meal. I also only need 1 can of GRAND Buttermilk Biscuits to have enough for the pot. I only had 3 frozen chicken breast and threw them in frozen and it worked perfectly. THANKS SO MUCH!!! It's just like mom use to make.
Probably the best thing I've ever made and ever ate! So good, my husband and I ate the whole thing, including the leftovers! Had to use double the flour and took a little while to thicken, but so worth it! Added carrots and celery. Served over rice. So good. Thank you so much for posting! :)