1/1 Photo of Chicken And Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
Wonderful comfort food for a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken, salt& poultry in approximately 2 quarts of water.
- 2Remove chicken and set aside.
- 3Add 3 cups milk (more for a richer flavor), bouillon cubes, and butter to broth.
- 4Bring to almost a boil.
- 5Add water to the flour to make a thin solution and pour in broth.
- 6Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer to thicken.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pinch each biscuit to small pieces and put in broth.
- 9Stir often so dumplings won't stick together.
- 10When dumplings begin to sink, they are almost ready.
- 11Pick chicken to small pieces and add to broth.
- 12When dumplings are not gummy to taste, it is ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken And Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (1788 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 569.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: