Wonderful comfort food for a cold day.
Make and share this Chicken And Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Boil chicken, salt& poultry in approximately 2 quarts of water.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 3 cups milk (more for a richer flavor), bouillon cubes, and butter to broth.
- Bring to almost a boil.
- Add water to the flour to make a thin solution and pour in broth.
- Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pinch each biscuit to small pieces and put in broth.
- Stir often so dumplings won't stick together.
- When dumplings begin to sink, they are almost ready.
- Pick chicken to small pieces and add to broth.
- When dumplings are not gummy to taste, it is ready to eat.