1/1 Photo of Chicken And Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
Wonderful comfort food for a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken, salt& poultry in approximately 2 quarts of water.
- 2Remove chicken and set aside.
- 3Add 3 cups milk (more for a richer flavor), bouillon cubes, and butter to broth.
- 4Bring to almost a boil.
- 5Add water to the flour to make a thin solution and pour in broth.
- 6Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer to thicken.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pinch each biscuit to small pieces and put in broth.
- 9Stir often so dumplings won't stick together.
- 10When dumplings begin to sink, they are almost ready.
- 11Pick chicken to small pieces and add to broth.
- 12When dumplings are not gummy to taste, it is ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken And Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (1788 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 569.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: