Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Creamy base and scrumptious comfort food. I like to draw this recipe out to cook all afternoon (start cooking at 1 pm and eat at 5 pm) on a low element, but you could speed it up if you had the craving!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs various chicken parts
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Add olive oil to heated large/deep fry pan.
- Place chicken in heated oil and let them "settle in".
- Add seasonings to chicken parts.
- Let them cook and turn them over when browned on one side.
- Add sliced onion.
- Shake in mushrooms.
- Let all this sauté for about 5 minutes until mushrooms and onions are soft.
- Add soups and broth.
- Add carrots.
- Simmer on a med-low temp for 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add frozen peas.
- Mix dry ingredients together for dumplings, add milk, stir until wet and incorporated.
- Drop spoonfuls onto chicken mixture--you should get 6 dumplings--keep in mind, they double as they cook! Cover and let it cook on a med low for 10 minutes.