Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My DH never had this growing up. To someone not used to chicken and dumplings, he did'nt like the "doughballs", until I made this recipe, now its a family favorite, and easy too! I usually double the recipe. I serve with baked potato and cornbread. I serve it in a bowl, it is soupy.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often.
- Drop bisquit pinches (I make mine small) in while boiling.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring accasionally for 15-20 minutes.
Instead of water I used milk. Excellent recipe.
This has a great taste and is easy to make. Thanks for posting!!!