Recipe by Peprich
This is a favorite comfort food for our family on a cold night. Instead of chicken broth, I use water plus 3 T. Tone's Chicken Base available at Sam's Club.
Top Review by Stefanie82
WOW! This soup was pretty simple to prepare. I've never made dumplings before, so I was a little nervous... but at 20 minutes they looked perfect. This soup was even good the next day! I only made it because my husband has been wanting me to find a Chicken and dumpling recipe... and I served it to him and my aunt's family of five... even her 11 year old who has a list of about 8 meals he will eat (horribly picky!!!) asked for seconds. She had to have the recipe as well. A new favorite soup! Thanks for sharing!!! Kudos to the cook.
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, shredded
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer until vegetables are just tender (20 min.).
- Mix Bisquik and milk to make drop biscuits.
- Drop by large spoonfuls into soup which has been brought to a rolling boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes, or until dumplings are done.
- (Be sure to remove bay leaf and cloves.).