1/3 Photos of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Mommie Cooks's Note:
A warm hearty bowl of soup for those cool autumn days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start out by putting together the dough for your dumplings. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Then slowly add in your ice water. Keep adding it in until you have enough to form a nice dough ball. Knead your dough for about 5 minutes and then set it the side and let it rest while you work on the other end of the soup.
- 2In a large pot add together your stock, chicken, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, oregano, and celery salt. Heat it up on medium heat and let the chicken cook through. When the chicken is cooked, remove it and set it to the side.
- 3Now grab up your dough and roll it out about 1/4" thick with your rolling pin. Cut it into small squares and place them in your hot broth. As they cook up, they will rise to the top of the broth.
- 4While your dumplings are cooking, go ahead and shred your chicken up. Add it to your soup. Last but not least, add in the half and half and give it a couple swirls around the pan to incorporate everything together.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 741.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: