Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Well, I had a recipe but it just wasn't what I wanted so I fixed it up a bit.
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- >In a Dutch oven combine first seven ingredients and bring to boil. I just put it in the oven to 550.
- >Combine the last 4 ingredients to create the dumplings while the broth is coming to a boil.
- >Drop the dough by spoon fulls into the boiling broth and baked covered to ten minutes.
- >After ten minutes take the covering off and bake for an additional ten minutes.
- >When finished cooking scoop the dumplings out of the broth, add chicken and heat through.
- >Serve warm.