Recipe by Margo59
This is comfort food heaven. I've always received rave reviews and requests for the recipe.
Top Review by morgan_dl_12607592
This is similar to a recipe I have made. I made this but liked mine better. Precoom the chicken breasts and cut I to smaller sections if chicken pieces are large. Place in greased dish. Combine 1 can cream of. Mushroom soup with 8 oz of sour cream. Layer on top chicken. Make Stove Top dressing according to directions. I use chicken broth instead of water. Spoon on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until soup is bubbling and dressing is nicely browned. Much quicker and good.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in halves or thirds)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesage and onion seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut chicken breasts into halves or thirds.
- Place chicken breast pieces in a 13 x 9 glass pan.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Combine cans of soup with milk; mix well.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken in pan.
- Melt margarine and combine with water.
- Pour margarine/water mixture over stuffing and stir to coat.
- Pour stuffing mixture over soup layer.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered at 350*, then cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes longer.