Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This simple chicken dish was originally printed in an old church cookbook. Prep time includes time to cook chicken.
- Cook chicken until tender and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix together celery through mayonnaise.
- Place chicken in bottom of 9"x13" baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over chicken.
- Melt margarine and mix into stuffing mix.
- Spread on top of casserole and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350-degrees F.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
The whole family enjoyed this casserole-it was very tasty and was an excellent use of leftover chicken meat. I halved the recipe and left out the water chestnuts, and used light versions of both the mayo and the soup. I really liked the crunchy topping a lot and the filling was savory and delicious.
This was pretty good. I don't think I will make it again but my husband and I are not big fans of one dish meals. Update: I made this dish again last week and left out the water chestnuts and used Savory Herb Stuffing mix and our company really enjoyed it, thus I upping the star rating from my previous rating. :)