Recipe by ellie_
This simple chicken dish was originally printed in an old church cookbook. Prep time includes time to cook chicken.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
The whole family enjoyed this casserole-it was very tasty and was an excellent use of leftover chicken meat. I halved the recipe and left out the water chestnuts, and used light versions of both the mayo and the soup. I really liked the crunchy topping a lot and the filling was savory and delicious.
- 1 whole chicken or 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄8 cup margarine
- 1 package seasoned stuffing mix, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken until tender and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Mix together celery through mayonnaise.
- Place chicken in bottom of 9"x13" baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over chicken.
- Melt margarine and mix into stuffing mix.
- Spread on top of casserole and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350-degrees F.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.