Recipe by RyGuy
This casserole is easy to make, and a crowd pleaser. It is also very good as a left over. My mom makes it ahead so that we can eat it during the week.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine base ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Separate crescent dough into two rectangles.
- Place dough over hot chicken mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Spread over dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.