Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Joyce Lamont's Favorite Minnesota Recipes& Radio Memories.
- 78.07 ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 103.53 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- 709.77 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 453.59 g container lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 avocados
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- In large saucepan, melt 1/3 butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms;.
- cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, marjoram, and paprika to onion mixture;.
- cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth;
- cook and stir with wire whisk until mixture is smooth and thickened and begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, chicken and crabmeat and set aside.
- Peel avocados and cut into chunks;.
- sprinkle with lemon juice as you work.
- Carefully fold the avocado into the chicken mixture.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with melted butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and bread crumbs are browned.