Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Joyce Lamont's Favorite Minnesota Recipes& Radio Memories.
Make and share this Chicken and Crabmeat Casserole With Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (1 lb) container lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- In large saucepan, melt 1/3 butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms;.
- cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, pepper, marjoram, and paprika to onion mixture;.
- cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth;
- cook and stir with wire whisk until mixture is smooth and thickened and begins to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, chicken and crabmeat and set aside.
- Peel avocados and cut into chunks;.
- sprinkle with lemon juice as you work.
- Carefully fold the avocado into the chicken mixture.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with melted butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and bread crumbs are browned.