1/2 Photos of Chicken and Couscous Soup
Fairy Nuff's Note:
A hearty Moroccan soup from one of my favourite Aussie magazines - recipe adapted to suit my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, cut in 3
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, washed and finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons moroccan seasoning, see note
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 800 g peeled chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 birds eye chile, finely sliced
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan on high.
- 2Cook the chicken in batches until golden.Remove and set aside.
- 3Add carrots and leeks to same pan,reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the seasoning and cumin. Return chicken to pan and add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil then reduce heat.
- 5Stir in pumpkin and simmer for 5 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Add zucchini and zest,season to taste and simmer further 5 minutes.
- 6Place the couscous in a bowl and add boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes,then fluff with a fork.
- 7Divide couscous between serving bowls and ladle in the soup.
- 8Serve topped with the chopped coriander and chilli slices.
- 9NOTE: Moroccan Seasoning Moroccan Seasoning Mix is a good substitute if commercial Moroccan Seasoning is unavailable.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Couscous Soup
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 411.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of