Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite with me and my girlfriends.
Make and share this Chicken and Couscous Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (can use fat-free, sodium-free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (add even more if you like a strong curry flavor)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cubed cucumbers, chunks
- 2 cups cubed red bell peppers
- 2 cups cubed yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (include tops)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- lettuce leaf
- In a non-stick pan, heat broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, and curry powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir.
- Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with at fork and let cool to room temperature.
- Add chicken, pineapple, cucumber, bell peppers, celery, green onion, and salt and pepper to taste; toss to mix together.
- In a krudit jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, water, oil, and mint; shake well.
- Pour over couscous mixture and toss.
- Serve over bed of lettuce.
This was really very good. I made the ingredients per recipe, but made some changes to the dressing. I made a mango curry dressing that is very low fat that I like for other salads. I also have a lot of herbs in my garden so I used mint, parley and tarragon. I like herbs so used closer to 1/4 cup along with a heavy pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Im a Texan, we like everything spicy. This was such a nice summer salad, can't wait for lunch tommarow.