A favorite with me and my girlfriends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth (can use fat-free, sodium-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2-1 teaspoon curry powder (add even more if you like a strong curry flavor)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups cubed cucumbers, chunks
- 2 cups cubed red bell peppers
- 2 cups cubed yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion (include tops)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- lettuce leaf
- 1In a non-stick pan, heat broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, and curry powder; bring mixture to a boil.
- 2Add couscous and stir.
- 3Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Fluff couscous with at fork and let cool to room temperature.
- 5Add chicken, pineapple, cucumber, bell peppers, celery, green onion, and salt and pepper to taste; toss to mix together.
- 6In a krudit jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, water, oil, and mint; shake well.
- 7Pour over couscous mixture and toss.
- 8Serve over bed of lettuce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 380.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 31.1 g