Recipe by Kelly0412
This is a light salad that is perfect for a lunch time meal! I have also made it for pot lucks with rave reviews. Unfortunately, I am not sure where this original recipe came from!!
Top Review by 1TexasLizard
Howdy, Miss Kelly! This recipe is quite delicious. As much as I find it rather annoying when folks make skatey-eight changes and then review, I must admit to making 1 minor adjustment...I omitted radishes due to preference. Oh, and I used jarred garlic rather than mincing fresh. Also, FYI, this recipe can be found at MyRecipes.com which says it came from Cooking Light May 2004. Thanks for sharing here - this is my fave site!
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) boxuncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced radish (about 3 large)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salad, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl; cool slightly. Add chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, parsley, and pine nuts; toss gently to combine.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to combine.