Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chutney is a sweet-tart condiment with the consistency of jelly. Any fruit chutney can be served in place of the mango flavor that's called for.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous (1 1/2 c.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 5 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, each tomato halved
- 1⁄2 of a cantaloupe, seeded, rind removed (melon cut into 3/4-inch cubes, about 3 cups)
- 3 cups torn butter lettuce leaves (Boston or Bibb)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a medium saucepan bring the water and curry powder to a boil. Stir in the couscous and salt. Cover the saucepan; remove the pan from heat. Let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed by the couscous.
- Stir about half of the chutney into the couscous mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, green onions, tomatoes, melon, and remaining chutney.
- To serve, arrange torn lettuce on 6 individual plates. Spoon couscous onto the lettuce then top with the chicken mixture. Squeeze a lime wedge over each serving.