A colorful flavorful one dish meal Traditional of West Africa great for a hot summer day!
Make and share this Chicken and Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed & undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups boneless chicken breasts, chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cup chopped
- 1⁄4 green onion, cup thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- sliced green onion
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, and gradually stir in couscous and raisins. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine orange juice and next 7 ingredients (orange juice through black pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- Combine the couscous mixture, juice mixture, chicken, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Garnish with green onions, if desired.