Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Chicken-And-Cornbread Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Saute first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the skillet; wipe skillet clean.
- Stir together cornmeal mix, buttermilk, and next 4 ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in onion mixture and chicken just until blended.
- Pour batter into hot 12-inch skillet.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden.