Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From our church cookbook. No refrigeration needed before baking as with many other chicken corn tortilla bakes!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In bowl, combine chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion.
- Set aside.
- Layer half of the tortillas on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan, cutting to fit pan if desired.
- Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
I used skim milk instead of chicken broth since I was out (and forgot it when I bought the chilis!) and it was devoured by two toddlers, my hubby, and me. The mild green chilis were barely noticeable while adding flavor. My young boys helped by sprinkling the cheese on the layers. Yummy, super easy, and fast, with an herbed rotisserie chicken from the deli. We poured some cilantro salsa on the side for more kick for the adults. Mmmm; thanks!
Everyone in my family loved this recipe (which includes two picky young ones.) I like the fact that it does not have a red sauce as most tortilla casseroles have. I used leftover grilled chicken and added a small amount of cumin to the sauce. I think it would be great with Monterey Jack Cheese, which would compliment the flavor of the sauce. Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you for the wonderful recipe. My 4 girls thought it was fabulous. It took me no time to make. I had some left over chicken from yesterdays meal and was searching for something to use it in and was very pleased to run across this recipe. If you are looking for something easy as well as tasty then this is the recipe for you.