Recipe by Bec
For variation, rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar make good substitutes for the sherry vinegar.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 9 ounces baby sweet corn cobs
- 9 ounces snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- rice or Chinese egg noodles, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken into long, thin strips.
- Cut the baby corn cobs in half lengthwise and trim the snow peas.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a preheated wok or a wide skillet- Add the chicken and stir-fry over fairly high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn cobs and snow peas and stir-fry over moderate heat for 5 to 8 minutes, until evenly cooked (The vegetables should be tender but still slightly crunchy).
- Combine the sherry vinegar, honey and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir the vinegar mixture into the wok or skillet with the sunflower seeds- Season to taste with pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and corn stir-fry hot with rice or Chinese egg noodles.