Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious and very easy soup to make.
Make and share this Chicken and Corn soup recipe from Food.com.
- Joint chook and cut it up roughly.
- Fill a big boiler pan up with water, about 3/4 full.
- Put onions and chook in it.
- Boil for 1 1/2 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out and let them cool.
- Once cool enough to touch pull all the meat of the bones and put meat back in soup.
- Add soup mix, corn and rice and bring to boil.
- Let boil till rice is cooked.
- Check for seasoning and add some S/P if needed.
- is even better the next day!
Gotta admit that I sawitched things around quite a bit in this rercipe ~ I started out with 3 cups of shredded chicken breast that I had frozen, then cut the recipe in half & simple make up the soup base from one of the packes of noodle soup mix! I did include the onion, the whole cup of corn & rice, though, so the final produce was pretty much like the recipe intended, minus, of course, any dark meat! I do very much like this recipe & another time, when I know I'll be able to serve it for 2-3 days in a row, I look forward to making it as written, whole chicken & all! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]