Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty soup dish
- 2 chicken thighs
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot
- 1 egg
- Place chicken thighs in small pan, add water and sliced onion, cover, simmer until chicken is cooked, approx 20 minutes.
- Reserve 3 cups of the strained chicken stock.
- Remove meat from the bones, discard skin; chop meat into small pieces.
- Combine in pan the corn, reserved chicken stock, chicken meat, stock powder, shallots, soy sauce and the gingeroot.
- Bring to boil stirring constantly, reduce heat,simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in lightly beaten egg.
Evie, this soup was so easy to make, I don't know why I have never attempted it before. The instructions were very easy to follow and I didn't even have to buy any special ingredients for it either. I gave it 5 stars for both the simplicity and the taste. Thankyou.
This tastes so authentic, I'll never buy another chicken and corn soup from a takeaway shop again! I was a bit dubious about putting egg into this soup, but never before realised that this was the secret ingredient that makes it so perfect. Thanks for a great recipe, I'm glad I took a chance and tripled the recipe, we ate it all in one sitting!
Easy, tasty, will make again. Instead of the water and stock powder I used ready-made stock from a carton, low salt variety (it is MSG free unlike some stock powder). This was nicer than a lot of chinese restaurants. Easier than many of the other recipes on here looked too. Will make again for sure!