Recipe by Sonya01
Need to eat less red meat, so I am looking up some chicken recipes to make. I have not made this one yet.
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g ground chicken
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 310 g corn kernels, drained
- 60 g butter, melted, cooled
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornflour, soy sauce and stock in a jug; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onions. Cook for 1 minute. Add stock mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce comes to the boil. Stir in corn. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush a baking tray with a little melted butter. Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench and brush with butter. Top with another pastry sheet. Brush with butter. Repeat with another 3 pastry sheets to make 5 layers. Cut in half crossways to form 2 rectangles.
- Spoon one-quarter of the mince mixture into the centre of each rectangle. Fold long sides in to cover filling. Fold ends over to seal. Place, seam side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry, butter and mince mixture.
- Brush parcels with butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with vegetables.