Recipe by Sonya01
something i think my bf would love To freeze: Freeze cooked lasagne whole in foil container for up to 6 weeks. To reheat: Thaw in the fridge. Microwave single serves, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- 80 g butter, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 kg ground chicken breast
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup light thickened cream
- 375 g fresh lasagna sheets (fresh, found in the chill section near ravioli)
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Slowly add milk, stirring until smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until boiling. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease two 5cm-deep, 18cm x 29cm (base) foil trays. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining flour and cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add corn and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
- Spoon a little chicken mixture into 1 tray. Top with pasta sheet. Spread 2 cups chicken mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers, finishing with pasta. Spoon over half of white sauce. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan. Repeat for second tray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until pasta is tender and top is golden.