Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you are looking for something quick and easy this recipe is for you. A great way to use up any leftover chicken. Great for a picnic or quick lunch time snack. I sometimes add a few other vegetables when I have them left over.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 90 g melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 125 g creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- salt and pepper
- Whisk eggs, milk and butter together in a large jug.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually whisk in the milk mixture. Mix in half the cheese and all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into a deep greased pie 25cm pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in a moderate oven (180c) for 35-40 minutes or until firm.
Nice, esay and inexpensive dinner. I subbed whole wheat flour (instead of white) and it worked great, increasing the "health factor". I halved the recipe and cooked it in a 1 qt dish. After 30 min at 350 degrees F, it was not done so I increased the temp to 400 for 10 more minutes and it was perfect. I added mushrooms which were great. Served with a small salad for a perfect, light dinner. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE.
Took this to work. It was quite good. I think this was a head trip thing...corn and chicken in a quiche, not the norm so was quite different, yet good.
This is very yummy. I have been looking for an easy lunch and dinner recipe. This one is a keeper. Thanks :)