Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very simple recipe from Midwest Living.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canreduced-fat and reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) packagefrozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and bell peppers, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn, one 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (2 cups)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded colby, cheddar (2 cups) or 1 (8 ounce) package swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed (optional)
- In a very large bowl combine soup, sour cream, milk, dill and pepper. Stir in potatoes, chicken or turkey, corn, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the Colby cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart rectangular).
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1-1/2 cups Colby cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes more or until top is golden and potatoes are tender, sprinkling with croutons, if you like, the last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.