1 hr 5 mins
From Bon Appetit The Christmas Season cookbook. This makes a lot and sounds like it would work well for a buffet and you can make them one day ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, hot and grated (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups salsa, purchased thick and chunky mild
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1Lightly oil 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 2Mix first 6 ingredients and 1 cup cheese in medium bowl.
- 3Season chicken filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Mix salsa and enchilada sauce in large bowl.
- 5Heat heavy medium skillet over high heat.
- 6Add 1 tortilla and cook until heated through, about 10 seconds per side.
- 7Brush tortilla with some of sauce mixture.
- 8Spoon 1/3 cup chicken filling into center of tortilla.
- 9Roll up.
- 10Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- 11Repeat with remaining tortillas, some sauce and remaining filling.
- 12(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill enchiladas and remaining sauce separately).
- 13Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 14Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- 15Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 16Cover with foil.
- 17Bake until heated through, about 35 minutes (or up to 45 minutes for refrigerated enchiladas).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Corn Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 517.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g