Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit The Christmas Season cookbook. This makes a lot and sounds like it would work well for a buffet and you can make them one day ahead.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, hot and grated (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups salsa, purchased thick and chunky mild
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix first 6 ingredients and 1 cup cheese in medium bowl.
- Season chicken filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix salsa and enchilada sauce in large bowl.
- Heat heavy medium skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla and cook until heated through, about 10 seconds per side.
- Brush tortilla with some of sauce mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken filling into center of tortilla.
- Roll up.
- Place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, some sauce and remaining filling.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill enchiladas and remaining sauce separately).
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spoon remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake until heated through, about 35 minutes (or up to 45 minutes for refrigerated enchiladas).