Modified from Real Simple's facebook page -- life made easier, everyday! The yield will vary depending upon what size biscuit cutter you use -- Makes eight 4-inch empanadas-- serves four adults (2 empanadas each). The yield using a 2-inch cutter was 14 (2-inch) empanadas.
- 2 cups roasted chicken meat (shredded ~ can use leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely minced)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (Pillsbury refrigerated ready-rolled 9-inch crusts, or make your own!)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, raisins, cilantro, onion, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut an equal number of circles from each pie crust. (I made mine as rounds from a 2-inch biscuit cutter ~ I topped each circle with another circle! If your biscuit cutter is large enough, you may be able to fill, then fold over the dough before crimping.).
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto half your dough circles, leaving a border. Brush the edges with water, fold in half, or top with another circle, and press with a fork to seal. Poke a couple of holes (or a slit) in the top crust to let out steam!
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Makes eight 4-inch empanadas~ serves four adults (2 empanadas each). The yield using a 2-inch cutter was 14 (2-inch) empanadas.