1/1 Photo of Chicken and Corn Chowder With Sweet Potatoes
This is a prize winning recipe in Cook's Country magazine (slightly modified). It is a delicious chowder with a twist...it has corn muffin mix as a thickening agent. The sweet potatoes also add something a little different from the usual chowder. An added bonus is that it goes together fairly quickly. This received rave reviews from my weekly soup night gang. Try this chowder--your tummy will thank you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Combine milk and muffin mix in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2Saute onion in butter until soft (about 8 min.).
- 3Add garlic, cumin, and oregano.
- 4Cook until fragrant.
- 5Add broth, chicken and potatoes.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 8Stir in reserved muffin mixture and simmer until soup thickens (about 10 minutes).
- 9Add cheese and corn and cook until heated through.
- 10Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 11Add parsley. Stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Corn Chowder With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 1181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g