Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
"Use a slow cooker to make this chili with chicken, pinto beans, and corn, flavored with salsa, cumin, and chili powder."
Top Review by *Jules*
This is the easiest way to make chicken chili and is particularly good if you happen to have homemade salsa (mine was black bean & corn). I've made this twice now and find that the type of salsa I use determines the thickness of the end product; for a more soupy chili, use two jars of salsa. This even works with frozen chicken breasts; what could be easier!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili.
- Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
- About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
- 3Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker.
- Simmer until ready to serve.