A very yummy, spicy, but not too hot chicken curry! If you can't find lemon grass, try using lemon balm, 2 leaves (chopped) for each stick called for. It's not the same, but it works beautifully! Marinating time is not included in the time estimate. Recipe harvested from the Internet.
- 88.74 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml ground cumin
- 44.37 ml mild curry paste
- 14.79 ml ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 59.16 ml sweet chili sauce
- 3 stick lemongrass, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (130 g each)
- 73.94 ml peanut butter
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves or 4 dried kaffir lime leaves
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 cm pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, cumin, curry paste, turmeric, garlic, sweet chili sauce and lemon grass in a bowl.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or during the day) to marinate.
- Place marinated chicken, peanut butter, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan, bring mixture to boil and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Discard kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve with coconut rice.
Super flavorful and surprisingly, the unusual combination of ingredients comes together in a truly tasty way. I didn't have the lime leaves or lemon grass so I substituted lime and lemon juice. I don't know how big of a difference this made but it was still the best curry recipe I have tried yet. It seemed like it was missing something the first time I made it so I added cauliflower. I also threw in some onion I chopped in chunks 7 minutes before it was done. That did the trick! Yum!
Made this for PAC 2006. Outstanding! Delicious! I had never had this kind of curry and was a bit worried that I wouldn't like peanut butter and coconut milk together... but it was great!! Didn't have kaffir lime leaf so I added a bit of lime juice. Thanks stormylee!!
Absolutely wonderful curry recipe - so glad I chose to make this for the ZT. I loved the combo of chili sauce/peanut butter/coconut milk/curry paste - made a truly kicking sauce. Stormy, this is a KEEPER!