Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Use ready made taco shells and fill with tasty ground chicken.
Make and share this Chicken and Chorizo Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Add the chicken, salt and cumin and fry over a medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes; stir frequently to prevent large lumps from forming.
- Meanwhile, arrange the taco shells in one layer on a large baking sheet and heat in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Add the chorizo and the scallions to the chicken mixture and stir to combine; cook until just warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired, to taste.
- To assemble the tacos, place 1 to 2 spoonfuls of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a warm taco shell.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of chopped tomato, shredded iceberg and grated Cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tomato salsa and enjoy!
TERRIFIC MP! What a GREAT combo! I used turkey and chicken mince, with the chorizo chopped finely, rather than minced - it was getting caught in my mixer blades!! I served this with Taco Baskets - that's all I had to hand, and Malcolm and I had THREE each for lunch!! A wonderful recipe for an alternative taco filling - VERY much enjoyed! Made for the Aussie Swap - SUBLIME my dear! FT:-) NB: I used grated gruyere cheese, my Cheddar had disappeared after I went to bed??! (I KNOW who had it!!)