Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light, Jan/Feb 2012. Their recipe was very good, but I felt that it needed a few things, so this is my take on it. Still fairly light, but more flavorful. Their recipe says 4 servings of 1 cup each, but I got far more than that so I'm calling it 6 servings.
- 473.18 ml low-fat chicken broth
- 473.18 ml water
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 170.09 g spanish chorizo, chopped (in the casings, precooked)
- 709.77 ml red potatoes, cubed
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml saffron, crushed
- 2.46 ml smoked paprika
- 22.18 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley, to garnish
- Combine broth, water, parsley, garlic, onion, and carrot in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. Strain the broth to remove the solids, and set aside.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into bite sized pieces.
- In the same pan, saute the chorizo over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add potato, onion, and bell pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, cumin, salt, saffron, and paprika. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the reserved broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check the potatoes for doneness, if they are not tender enough, continue to simmer until they are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken, cook until it is heated through.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the vinegar.
- Ladle into serving bowls, topping with chopped parsley to garnish.