I just made this up 20 minutes ago, and I think it's pretty yum. I love chorizo and never know what to do with it, so here's an idea. I didn't use veggies or cheese in mine, but I think they would be nice. I made a Gluten Free version for myself at the same time as a Regular version for my husband, so they prep time might be off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g wine chorizo sausage (or 1 large link)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup commercial pasta sauce
- 3 cups spiral shaped pasta (pre-cooked measurement)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions to el dente.
- 2Meanwhile, thinly slice sausage and fry at medium heat until cooked through.
- 3Drain sausage.
- 4Mix cooked pasta, sauce, green onion, cilantro, chicken, sausage, and vegetables (if using) in casserole dish.
- 5Top with cheese, if using.
- 6Cook at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and smelling yummy.
- 7Gluten Free Modifications: To make this Gluten Free I used Freybe Wine Chorizo, Tinkyada Rice Pasta spirals, and Classico Fire-Roasted Tomato& Garlic pasta sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 948.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 30.3 g