Recipe by paulamonster
I just made this up 20 minutes ago, and I think it's pretty yum. I love chorizo and never know what to do with it, so here's an idea. I didn't use veggies or cheese in mine, but I think they would be nice. I made a Gluten Free version for myself at the same time as a Regular version for my husband, so they prep time might be off.
Top Review by Karen Robinson
I had no chorizo so used cumberland sausage, omitted the cheese and vegetables. I had raw chicken and cooked it with the sausage. Next time I'll add garlic or other herb because it was lacking a little taste.
- 200 g wine chorizo sausage (or 1 large link)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup commercial pasta sauce
- 3 cups spiral shaped pasta (pre-cooked measurement)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions to el dente.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice sausage and fry at medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain sausage.
- Mix cooked pasta, sauce, green onion, cilantro, chicken, sausage, and vegetables (if using) in casserole dish.
- Top with cheese, if using.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and smelling yummy.
- Gluten Free Modifications: To make this Gluten Free I used Freybe Wine Chorizo, Tinkyada Rice Pasta spirals, and Classico Fire-Roasted Tomato& Garlic pasta sauce.