Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect appetizer for any occasion! They disappear in a flash so be sure to make an extra batch for larger gatherings!
- 5 chicken breasts (boiled and diced)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chives (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons margarine (softened) or 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 5 (8 count) cans crescent rolls
- Mix diced chicken, cream cheese, chopped chives, and margarine together.
- Separate rolls in triangles and place chicken mixture on top of each.
- Roll up as directed and pinch ends together.
- Bake according to package directions or until golden brown.
I sauteed one boneless chicken breast seasoned with a little garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, then chopped it finely to make ONE big rectangular puff with one can of crescent rolls. I baked it at 350F for 20 minutes, then cut the puff into eight wedges! This made a tasty light dinner served with Baby Greens Salad With Strawberries and Blue Cheese and I have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow ~ Tagged for CHIVES! May 2010 Herb/Spice in the French Forum.
These were great. Kind of like a hot chicken salad sandwich. I did not have chives, so I used basil, salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne. Next time I will use the chives as well. I only used 1 can of rolls and 1/4 of the remaining ingredients. Thanks!