Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was passed to me by a friend. It is simple to make and taste wonderful. It is just as wonderful right out of the oven or as a leftover. My family all love it.
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (your preference on hotness)
- 1 package corn chips (your preference)
- 4 cups shredded cheese (your preference)
- Melt butter over medium heat, add chicken and onions.
- Cook chicken until it is just cooked through.
- Set aside.
- In bowl mix, add undiluted cream of chicken soup, broth, and rotel.
- In oven casserole dish crush 1/2 bag of chips, layer on bottom of dish.
- Layer half of chicken and onions over chips.
- Pour half of soup mixture over chicken.
- Layer 2 cups of shredded cheese over chicken.
- Repeat last 4 steps.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
This recipe is simple to make and flavorful but I found the cornchips became very mushy with the liquid on it. I did add black beans (drained) to add additional color and protein to dish.
This is a very easy recipe to make. Everyone loves it. It's even good cold. All you need is a salad and you have a complete meal. Thank you ,mary ann davis
I made this for my daughter tonight and she said to give you 5 stars! Creamy and rich and a great way to use some of my leftover turkey! Thanks Therese!