Recipe by MC Baker
This was a healthy throw together meal, which resulted from me wanting to use up some miso I haven't been able to use quickly enough. This is a easy fast recipe, and some of the prep work like chicken and broccoli chopping can be done while cooking.
Top Review by So Cal Gal
This is totally delicious!! The red miso and soy sauce (in combination with the other ingredients) give it a rich, complex flavor that is truly amazing! I made the recipe as written--but used reduced sodium soy sauce, lower sodium red miso (Kyoto Red Miso), and left out the salt--and all of that worked well. The most challenging part of making this stir-fry was finding the red miso (after a bit of a hunt, I found some in the dairy section of the Whole Foods Market); it was definitely worth the effort! I look forward to making this again! Thanks for a great recipe, MC Baker!!
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb chinese broccoli or 1⁄2 lb italian broccoli or 1⁄2 lb bok choy
- 1 sweet onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir fry garlic and onions in oil until they are slightly cooked (about 2 minutes).
- Add chicken meat and cook until mostly cooked (about 5 more minutes).
- Add chinese broccoli cut into bite size pieces along with miso and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add soy, water and cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Check seasoning once chicken has cooked through, and add salt as desired.
- Garnish with green onions and parsley.
- Serve with rice.