Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Southwest Slow Cooker. This recipe makes use of the slow cooker to cook the filling. Then use your regular oven to finish the dish.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 green chilies, roasted and chopped (or use canned)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 32 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Place onion, garlic, poblano, chicken, green chiles, oregano and cayenne in the slow cooker. Pour 1 cup of the enchilada sauce over the top. Turn the chicken so it is all coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- When chicken is done, remove from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- SPray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients from the slow cooker, the remaining enchilada sauce, the sour cream and the chopped tomatoes. Stir to blend.
- Dip one tortilla at a time in the mixture. Fill with 1 T. shredded chicken and 1/2 T. shredded cheese. Roll and place in the pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Evenly spread the remaining enchilada mixture over the top of the tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.