I was wanting Indian food so I started some Naan Bread, Naan, and it was ready to put on my stoneware to bake. This recipe is one that I made up quickly in an attempt to duplicate a dish we had at a local Indian restaurant...The kids and hubby loved it, so I hope you will enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring two cups of water to boil and add your rice. Put the heat on low and cook for 25 minutes covered. Season to taste.
- 2After you have started your rice, heat the oil in a skillet and saute the chicken so that it gets crispy and brown on the sides.
- 3Add the garlic and saute with the chicken.
- 4Rinse and drain the chick peas. Saute them for a minute or two with the chicken mixture.
- 5Add the tomatoes (with the juice).
- 6Add the Chinese 5 Spice and the hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes uncovered so some of the liquid can evaporate.
- 7Serve Chicken and Chick Peas on a bed of rice.
- 8(You may want to "kick it up a notch" this is a mildly spicy dish which is suitable for kids.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder