Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was wanting Indian food so I started some Naan Bread, Naan, and it was ready to put on my stoneware to bake. This recipe is one that I made up quickly in an attempt to duplicate a dish we had at a local Indian restaurant...The kids and hubby loved it, so I hope you will enjoy it too!
- Bring two cups of water to boil and add your rice. Put the heat on low and cook for 25 minutes covered. Season to taste.
- After you have started your rice, heat the oil in a skillet and saute the chicken so that it gets crispy and brown on the sides.
- Add the garlic and saute with the chicken.
- Rinse and drain the chick peas. Saute them for a minute or two with the chicken mixture.
- Add the tomatoes (with the juice).
- Add the Chinese 5 Spice and the hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes uncovered so some of the liquid can evaporate.
- Serve Chicken and Chick Peas on a bed of rice.
- (You may want to "kick it up a notch" this is a mildly spicy dish which is suitable for kids.).