Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was made out of sheer laziness! I just threw together what was in the house and out came a great dinner. Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 14 ounces chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in medium sized sauce pan. Add chicken, black pepper, salt, cumin, and paprika. Cook about 5 minutes until chicken gets a little brown.
- Add onion and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and thyme. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until sauce from tomatoes is bubbling.
- Add chickpeas and vegetable stock. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.