Recipe by echo echo
Makes a nice summer supper, though good any time. Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake together or blend dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Combine the 1 Tbsp soy sauce with 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, 12-15 minutes until cooked through; remove chicken, let cool and shred.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with chickpeas through parsley. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, again shake or mix thoroughly the dressing ingredients, then toss salad ingredients with the dressing.